We are a lawyer and attorney personal injury firm based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
General Child Safety Rules
Children love to help around the house and itís a great activity. Just remember these basic safety tips. And remember that they are always watching, so be sure you are a model of safety for them.
- Donít let children use or be exposed to volatile or dangerous chemicals. This includes gasoline, cleaning supplies, etc. Always supervise them if they are helping.
- Keep children safe around power tools, lawn mowers, etc. Teach them to use them safely, with guards and safety gear.
- Teach children how to use knives and scissors safely. Show them how to cut and chop while keeping fingers out of the way. They should always pass such items by holding the blade and extending the handle to the other person. Teach them to say "Thank you" when they have a secure hold. This way the other person will know that the person has the item securely and it will not drop onto someoneís foot.
- Explain that they should always use the proper tool for the job. This means ladders or stepstools instead of chair or tables; a screwdriver and not a knife blade; a hammer and not rock or shoe. Help them build something using the proper tools in the correct manner.
- Older children can attend First Aid classes.